"Let us relish life as we live it, find joy in the journey, and share our love with friends and family." - Thomas S. Monson -

Sunday, April 27, 2014

My birthday and Strep and more delicious pie

April 11, 2014

By the time Nate got back from Orlando, I found that I had Strep throat and by my birthday on Friday I was still feeling pretty blah.  Fortunately, Max and Elise kept up on their school work well, and a sick birthday meant that I could really sit down and watch TV for as long as I felt like it - so that was pretty awesome!  

I watched Anne of Green Gables and Elise watched part of it with me, which was a fun experience (because she kept hiding her face every time Anne got into trouble or said something that was outrageous - it was great)!

Later on in the weekend...or maybe it was the week after, we found an amazing restaurant called "The Corner Cafe" that specializes in PIES and CINNAMON ROLLS - two of my most favorite things!   What's more, is that the restaurant is only a few miles away in Riverside, MO!  I can't believe it took us ten years to find it! 

So, we will be going back - maybe it will become a birthday tradition?



No comments: