"Let us relish life as we live it, find joy in the journey, and share our love with friends and family." - Thomas S. Monson -

Sunday, June 1, 2014

Twinkies, Radishes, Clouds, a Picnic, and a Father/Son date; Mother/Daughter date

Twinkies:  I know it doesn't make any sense anymore because Twinkies only come individually wrapped, but we used to use the term Twinkies when people dressed alike; so Elise and I wore the same color without realizing it last Sunday. 

Radishes:  Nate loves radishes.  And after being at the Sister's Reunion, where we helped to prepare radishes for an activity, I realized that I had NEVER served them or even purchased them in our 14 years of marriage.  That changed this week.  I found some that looked good enough and we all tried them out.  Nate still likes them...and notice that I didn't get a picture of myself eating any...but I didn't like tomatoes when we were first married, so I guess I can now start on trying to add radishes to our meals...someday. 




Clouds:
"White sheep, white sheep,
On a blue hill,
When the wind stops,
You all stand still;
When the wind blows,
You walk away slow,
White sheep, white sheep,
Where do you go?"  (My Book House)


We didn't get as much rain as we needed, but the clouds were still trying to be cumulonimbus clouds and were looking beautiful!


Picnic:  Since school is out and since our friends, the Marshalls, are moving soon, we took them, and Elise's friend, Kennedy, out to the land for a picnic. 







Parent/Kid Dates:  The boys stayed home to play together on the Wii.  The girls went for shakes/slushies at Sonic and then rocked out to some Braveheart - pretty nerdy, eh?



No comments: